Thursday 16 June 2011

Keep On Writing

So now I seem to be on a roll.  My lovely friend Teresa has promoted my blog on her Facebook page and instructed me that I need to update much more regularly and I have started a second blog "Toddler Tales" about life with a two and a half year old.  Let's just hope I can keep it up.

Work life has become increasingly busy.  At the end of last week I had two companies ring me up to check my availability and offer me jobs.  Somehow I've managed to swing it so that I remain at the BBC but drop to two days a week, and start a new project next week at an Indie doing 3 days a week.  I know it means I'm full time and full on again for the next few months, but I'm hoping that this will both help the finances and highlight my profile to the Indie world again.  Then come the end of the year I might be able to find a project that I can work part time on and still earn the required pennies.

Of course I'm still hoping for that elusive lottery win.  Some days I just get that feeling that today is the day I'm going to win.....of course it never is, but there is no harm in trying.

We're off to the Gower this weekend for a night under canvas.  Alas without our faithful hound this time as the site doesn't take dogs.  It could be an interesting time as we are going so that my husband can take part in a world record attempt.  No, it's not how many people can fit in a 3-man tent.  Nor is it how many marshmallows can be toasted over a camp fire in one go.  It is in fact the world record attempt at skinny dipping.  Yes, really.  At 07.30 on Sunday morning 300 or so naked people will take to the sea up to their waists for an allotted period of time to achieve a world record.   Good on them I say.  I'll be the one taking indecent photographs that may somehow find themselves on Facebook!

Well I'll report back on that one next week and in the meantime I'll just keep on writing.....

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I feel terrible, I've only got around to reading this. I don't know how I missed it, but I did.

    You know, you should really share photos of the record breaking event on your blog lol!

    Do keep writing!

    ReplyDelete